Friday, March 5, 2010

The Lightning Thief Steals my Heart...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians has stole my heart. This new series by Rick Riordan has 5 books out so far. This is one of the only series that even comes close to Harry Potter.

Percy Jackson has never been completely normal but when one of his teachers turns into a monster his mom takes him to a camp where his dad wanted him to go. It's a camp for half bloods, half Olympian and half human but there things get worse. It's supposed to make him safe but when he gets there he fights a minotaur with his bare hands. How could things get worse? They do.

I would recommend these books for any one who loves adventure books. Not only are they well written and exciting but they are also funny. These series will captivate any reader, children or adults.


.

1 comment:

  1. Kate,
    I used this book as a class novel when I taught 6th grade last year. The kids LOVED it! Glad you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete