Saturday, February 6, 2010

Books to take your breath away

I have to tell you about a new favorite series of mine. It's called The Dreamhouse Kings Series by Robert Liparulo. They are young adult books but I bet even grown ups will love them.

The King family has just moved from Pasadena to Pinedale, California, and they've found a great house. It is a big old Victorian style house secluded in the woods. Even better it's got secret rooms - a whole hallway full of them. And even better, these rooms are portals to take you to all kinds of places. Want to see France during WW II? Or how about the Roman Coliseum during the days of the Gladiators? Maybe the great Civil War battlefields? But exploring these places is no fun for brothers Alexander (Xander) and David. Because each of the worlds is a very dangerous place, and they wouldn't even bother except for a family member that was kidnapped and taken into one of them.

I don't want to give too much away but these books are really good. I read the first four in about a weeks time - and each was about 300 pages long, so that was no small feat. Book 1 is House of Dark Shadows, book 2 is Watcher in the Woods, book 3 is Gatekeepers, and book 4 is Timescape. I can't wait to get Book 5 ,Whirlwind, and book 6, Frenzy, that comes out in a couple of months. This series is very exciting, I just couldn't put it down. It is a good thing I had all four of them together so I could read them without stopping in between. So if you get book 1 I recommend you have book 2 on hand before you finish because you are going to want to start it right away.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Kate. I'm glad you like the books. The story of the Kings' adventures is close to my heart, because of what they learn about themselves and one another in the process.

    Take care,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete