Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a name for a book!

Since I am "the girl with her nose in a book" I decided to write about some of my favorite books. Except this time, it wasn't my nose in the book, it was my ears. We listened to it on CDs in the car, and it's not even really a kid's book, but we all liked it a lot.
The book was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Marry Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. This book is a collection of letters from Juliet Ashton, an author in 1946 who after the war is looking for a subject for a book. She gets a letter from a man on an island called Guernsey and finds out about their lives during the war and also about their literary society with a very strange name.
I liked this book because it was interesting how it was all told through letters back and forth between the different people. I couldn't listen to all of it because my mom loved it so much that she couldn't stop listening to it even after she dropped us off at school. She always told us about what we missed but I am going to go back and listen to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment