Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rereading a 'Classic'

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)Some may argue, but I think of Harry Potter as a classic. When people ask you what your favorite book is you don't have to say Harry Potter because everyone knows it has to be one of your favorites. Recently, I got a copy of the first book of Harry Potter, so having not read it for at least four years, I decided to reread it. Upon finishing the first, I continued to reread the rest of the series and I must admit, I forgot how great these books are.

So here is my attempt at a quick summary of the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerors Stone, but with books like these almost everyone knows what they are about...

Harry Potter is just an average eleven year old boy, well almost. He lives with his aunt and uncle and has a lightning shaped scar on his forehead which supposedly came from when his parents died in a car crash. Sometimes Harry can make stuff happen without even trying to though. And on his eleventh birthday he finds out that he is a wizard and that his parents were killed by the most famous dark wizard of all who tried to kill him and failed. Soon after that Harry goes to Hogwarts, a school for witchraft and wizarding, where he is "famous". He is swept into the world of Quidditch, magic, and so much more.

Anyways, these books are great and if anyone has not read these, I highly suggest you do, and trust me, the books are so much better than the movies. Speaking of movies, I am so excited for to see the Deathly Hallows part 2. I am pretty sure it comes out in July 15.

1 comment:

  1. Kate,
    I just finished re-reading Deathly Hallows in anticipation of the movie release. My personal feeling is that you need to have about 4-6 months of breathing time between reading the book and seeing the movie. :)

    These are some of my all-time favorite books. And I agree with you; they are definitely classics.

    ReplyDelete